Reaching our community with the Gospel.
Recreating the Property
God has blessed us with a prime piece of property as the gateway to and from Hespeler Village in Cambridge. Our present building was built to house Temple Baptist Christian Academy and later on we built both a Worship Centre and more classroom space. Upon the closure of our Academy in 2014, due to a lack of enrollment, we started praying and dreaming what God wanted us to do with these 10 acres. Our goal was to use this property to serve the needs of the community and bring God glory. Meanwhile, we continued to give the building some face lifts to accommodate not only our own ministry programs, but the many different community groups that use our facility. With a 30 year old building comes wear and tear, and upon inspection we knew of some expensive repairs and upgrades to the building. Instead of just making these repairs and upgrades piecemeal, we sought the Lord for an overall plan. This overall plan identified some staffing needs and governance changes that needed to occur first. In addition, God had been moving in our hearts not to expect people to “Come and See” what God was doing on our property, but that we also needed to “Go and Tell” the Good News of Jesus Christ to those unreached in our community. The result was the desire to plant a church, which happened in the fall of 2018, when we sent people to reach the people of the Southwood neighbourhood in Cambridge through Restoration Church. All the while, we were praying and researching both those in our church and in our community what we could do to serve Hespeler and beyond with our property. We specifically wanted to make more community space and reach young families. What you see below is what we are calling The Master’s Plan 4.0 - Recreating our Present Property to best serve the needs of the community for the glory of God. For more information, please contact Ed Hodgins at firstname.lastname@example.org
THE NEXT STEPS
July 2018 to September 2019 - Design Finalization, Site Plan Approval & Procurement
October 2019 - Target for Start of Construction
Ongoing - Raising Funds for target of 12.2 million
RECREATING 400 HOLIDAY INN DRIVE INCLUDES
Entrance foyer addition with improved community space & covered drop-off
Transparent Kid's Wing addition with controlled access
Student Centre addition with direct access to the gymnasium
Renovated adult ministries and administrative area with 24/7 prayer room
An upgraded cafe and community space with library & outdoor patio
Enlarged and upgraded kitchen & renovated gymnasium with bleachers
Enlarged & renovated auditorium with seating for 488 plus overflow space
Improved storage & refinished parking lot
Praying for our General Contractor, Hawkey Church Management.
Site Supervisor Scott Matthews.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Master’s Plan 4.0 – Recreating 400 Holiday Inn Drive Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why are we building?
A: As a tool to reach at least 1% of our community and a launching centre for making disciples and planting churches. We believe this tool can help us win the dad and win the family.
2. Can we finance this renovation? Is this the best way to spend God's money?
A: This is a God-sized vision for a church our size. Our Elders believe that we should spend God’s money in this way, and so we are trusting Him to provide. Our building has areas we need to address and even if we did facelifts, it would not address our need for community space, flow and a new church profile.
3. Are we going to go into debt to build?
A: The first 60 years of our existence we were in debt, and 4 years ago God miraculously got us out of debt, so we do not plan to return to debt. Our goal is to raise what we can, and build based on what we’ve raised.
4. Are our church planting and construction projects too much to take on at one time? A: We believe the Kingdom of God is multi-dimensional and explosive and we need both a missional (Go) and attractional (Come & See) approach! Multi-directional: “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.” Acts 1:8 Explosive: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field; and this is smaller than all other seeds, but when it is full grown, it is larger than the garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches.” – Jesus, in Matthew 13:31-32 Restoration is aimed at Southwood and beyond; Temple is aimed at Hespeler and beyond!
5. Will the building be constructed all at once or in parts?
A: It will be built in phases, with relocation of the administrative offices and then construction of the new Kid’s Ministry Wing and Entrance area first.
6. Where will we worship during the construction?
A: Let’s remember that we worship wherever we go. Our worship gathering may need to move around within the building during different construction phases. Other options may include some outdoor services in warmer weather or temporarily in such places as Heritage.
For more Q & A CLICK HERE.